Tuesday 21 May 2013

Long Weekend

I really enjoyed this May long weekend. I was in Edmonton Friday night and Saturday. I had the opportunity to go to the temple and do some work there. I love going to the temple. It is such a boost, spiritually and mentally. LOVE IT! 
Saturday night I got together with a very good friend of mine and we went shopping. We were on the look out for a dress for her.... no luck on that but we did find some really good sales.
Sunday went out to Hinton. Since I have been home from my mission I have been asked a couple times to go out and speak in different congregations. I actually really enjoy this. I get the chance to meet a lot of new people. I think I have finally overcome my fear of public speaking. It was so beautiful in Hinton. That was first time I have seen the mountains since I've been back. On the back of the church property there was a hill over looking a lake and with the trees all green, it took my breath away. Nature really is beautiful.
Yesterday, we had to do some farm work but in the afternoon we pulled out the home made slip and slide. Even though I got eaten alive by mosquitoes and I am cut and bruised, it was a blast. 
Yes, it was a very good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment